Spring Housing

Spring Housing

Spring 2024 Housing Information (Irving) For Continuing Undergrads

Fall 2023 Romers 

Please see information HERE

Current Irving Residents 

Detailed information regarding the mandatory University of Dallas Residency Requirement for all undergraduates is available HERE.

Current campus residents who qualify for and wish to request a meal plan change for the spring, may do so from within eRez accounts at a later date closer to the start of the spring 2024 semester.

Fall residents in Irving will remain assigned to the same location for the spring unless the student is going to Rome, taking an official leave, submits an approved eRez commuter application or will otherwise not be enrolled for the spring 2024 semester.  The spring housing application is not available for current Irving fall campus residents.  Fall residents who wish to officially request reassignment for the spring must instead submit a Room Change Request Form available from their Resident Assistant.  Irving reassignment requests cannot be considered until AFTER returning Romers have been placed.  Irving residents wishing to live with a returning Romer in a different room must also submit a Room Change Request Form to that effect but are still subject to room availability after returning Romer room selection.  Irving residents losing a fall roommate and who simply wish for a returning Romer to move into their room for the spring, simply need to give the room number to the returning Romer before November 13, 2023.

Spring 2024 Romers

If you have been formally accepted into the spring Rome program, you need not take any further action. You will automatically be removed from Irving campus housing for the spring  and will only be billed Rome campus charges.  However, if you are on the 'wait' list for Rome, you will remain assigned to your current room until such time as you are officially accepted into the spring Rome program.  At that time, you will be removed from Irving campus housing and charges will be adjusted accordingly on your student account in the Business Office.  

Qualifications for Official Commuter Status

Click on this link for detailed information regarding the mandatory University of Dallas Residency Requirement.

If as a current Irving campus resident, you DO qualify for official 'Commuter Status' [age 21 before the start of the spring semester; senior standing (90 credit hours); married; veteran; or commuter living locally with parents within a 50 mile radius of campus ], for the spring and you choose to break your housing contract, you MUST submit a Spring 2024 Commuter Application from within your eRez account.  Residents who qualify mid-year for official 'Commuter Status' are not automatically removed from campus housing.  Housing contracts are by the academic year and not by semester.  Breaking your housing contract to move off campus for the spring will result in placement of the $500 Contract Breakage Fee on your student account in the Business Office.  This is outlined in the 'terms and conditions' of the UD housing contract. 

Those who do NOT qualify for official 'commuter' status but wish to live off-campus will generally fall into one of the below categories.  

  • FINANCIAL - Undergraduates with financial concerns about the cost of living on campus must have a current FAFSA on file before submitting an exemption request based upon financial concerns. The Office of Student Affairs is NOT responsible for releasing students from the residency requirement due to financial issues. Submission of a FAFSA will first be required by the Financial Aid Office before any possible additional financial assistance may be considered for those who remain under the mandatory residency requirement. Residents requesting exemption must first send an email request to housing@udallas.edu. An exemption request application will then be placed in your eRez account for completion. This detailed request should include a breakdown of estimated costs to live off campus. Attachments are recommended and may be uploaded within the online form once placed in your eRez account.  The submission deadline is December 1, 2023..
  • MEDICAL - All current resident requests to live off campus based upon any variety of medical need must first contact the Disability Services office.  Then, send an email to housing@udallas.edu to request placement of an exemption form in your eRez account to indicate that you are pursuing a medical exemption via the Disability Services office.  See this web page for additional information regarding a medical exemption request.
    This same web page also contains a direct link to the medical accommodation request form which will go directly to the Disability Services office. Be prepared to provide medical documentation in support of your request. After review completion, the Disability Services office will notify Housing if the request is officially granted.

If you CURRENTLY COMMUTE and wish to move ON CAMPUS in the Spring

Feel free to contact Housing in the Office of Student Affairs via email HERE (to housing@udallas.edu) to inquire about room availability and to request placement of a spring housing application in your eRez account. If determined that you can be assigned to campus housing for the spring, the housing application in eRez is required before an assignment may be finalized.

Approved fall commuters do not need to submit another commuter application for the spring in eRez.  However, a Verification of Residence Form will be snail mailed to home commuters for a parent signature after the start of spring classes which must be returned by a given deadline to avoid a room charge.

Contact Housing with any additional questions.


Interterm Housing Information

The cost for Interterm housing  is NOT included with the tuition cost and residents are not automatically assigned without a separate Interterm housing application in eRez.  See the above web page link for additional details regarding Irving campus housing for Interterm.