Facilities Recycling Program
Your Facilities department is committed to environmental compliance. Not only do we
follow EPA /TCEQ guidelines in the disposal of the wastes generated here on campus,
we have also partnered with Balcones Recycling Inc. to bring recycling opportunities to the campus.
- Cardboard Only Containers: For cardboard only.
- Glass Totes: 95 gallon containers designed for glass deposits.
Items Accepted for Recycling
∙White Office paper
∙Colored office paper ∙Carbonless
∙Envelopes (with or without windows) ∙Paperboard
∙Magazines & Catalogs ∙Aluminum
∙Glass (goes in 95 gallon totes on Haggar Dock) ∙Plastics
∙Cardboard (goes into "cardboard only" containers)
Items NOT Accepted for Recycling
∙Chemical Wastes ∙Feminine Napkins ∙Styrofoam
∙Light Bulbs ∙Sharps (of any kind) ∙TV Dinner aluminum
∙Pesticides ∙Aerosol Cans Food Wastes
∙Oily Rags ∙Grease & Oils ∙Wet
∙Petroleum Products ∙E-wastes ∙Paints
∙Lab (Bio) Wastes ∙Scrap Metals Chemical products
∙Thermometers or any mercury containing equipment (MCE's)
We recycle and dispose of these items on a regular basis, just not in the main campus
recycling bins. If you have any questions regarding the items just mentioned contact
Facilities at (972)721-5296.
In order to be as efficient as possible please follow these tips:
- Please do not throw any half filled cups, bottles, cans, or containers of any liquid
waste or food waste into the recycle bins. Make sure the items you deposit are empty
& dry. Any materials that have been contaminated by food wastes are not considered
- Close the lid on the recycle container once you have made your deposit.
- Place cardboard in the containers marked for it, and not in the containers marked,
- Please break down cardboard boxes before depositing them into the "cardboard only" containers.
- If your recycle container is full and you would like it emptied please call extension
5296, or submit a Facilities Work Request.
Recycling Container Locations
- Haggar Dock Compactor: Cardboard, Glass.