Dr. Laura Eidt has taught in the German, Spanish, and Comparative Literature programs
at the University of Dallas since 2006, and is co-director of the Comparative Literary
Traditions Program. She is particularly interested in the interrelations of various
art forms, especially literature, the visual arts, and film. Having studied English,
Spanish, French, and Italian (in addition to her native German) at various points
in her life, she is also highly interested in how languages are learned, how they
are related, and effective ways of teaching foreign languages.
- Ph.D., Comparative Literature, University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., Comparative Literature, University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., University of Hamburg, Germany (major: English Literature and Linguistics, minors:
German Literature and Spanish Literature, with study abroad at Universidad Complutense
- Co-Director of Comparative Literary Traditions
- Affiliate Assistant Professor of Modern Languages
- MGE 1301. First Year German I
- MGE 1302. First Year German II
- MGE 2311. Second Year German I
- MGE 2312. Second Year German II
- MGE 3311. Advance Conversation and Composition
- MGE 3312. Introduction to German Studies
- MGE 3343. German Literary Tradition III
Comparative Literary Traditions Courses
- MCT 3309. Introduction to Comparative Literary Traditions
- MCT 3381. Contemporary Europe: Crossing Borders in Literature and Film
- MCT 4349. Senior Honors Thesis
- MCTG 3305. Introduction to German Literature
Departmental Courses (offered for German, Italian, French, and Spanish credit)
- MSP 3324. Advanced Spanish Composition/Grammar
- MSP 3323. Advanced Spanish Communication/Grammar
- 3331. Applied Linguistics: Introduction to Foreign Language Pedagogy
- 3V32. German/French/Italian/Spanish Outreach Teaching Practicum
- Writing and Filming the Painting: Ekphrasis in Literature and Film. Amsterdam and New York: Rodopi, 2008.
- Borges Translations of German Expressionist Poetry: Spaniardizing Expressionism. The Comparatist: Journal of the Southern Comparative Literature Association 32 (2008): 115-139.
- Poetry of German Expressionism and the Spanish Avant-garde: Re-contextualizing Garca
Lorcas Poeta en Nueva York. Revista de Estudios Hispnicos 38 (2004): 1-23.
- German Unification: Concepts of Identity in Poetry from the East and West. The German Quarterly 76.3 (2003): 273-288.